Lindsay Hutchison, MS, LPC, LCADC
Lindsay brings over 15 years of behavioral health experience to her role at Footprints to Recovery. She has held various positions in the field -- from counseling youth in court-mandated residential care and coordinating clinical programming in the K-12 school system, to working with adults with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and providing outpatient and in-home counseling to clients. Lindsay earned a master’s degree in professional counseling from Monmouth University, holds an LPC and LCADC for the state of New Jersey, and is trained in EMDR, the Nurtured Heart Approach, and Theraplay.
Lindsay heads the clinical program at Footprints to Recovery in New Jersey, helping develop group curriculum, training and managing staff, providing crisis intervention, and signing off on all clients’ clinical documentation. She plays an integral role in accreditation requirements and ensuring clients’ insurance providers have proper documentation. Lindsay has always wanted to be a “helper,” and can’t imagine any other career. Her clients inspire her every day as she witnesses them grow, change, and reclaim their lives. Lindsay enjoys painting, exercising, yoga, hiking, and beach time, as well as spending time with family, friends, and her sons, Tristan and Gavin.
- Hometown: Raised in Island Heights, NJ and living in Manahawkin, NJ
- Certifications & Degrees: Master’s of Science in Mental Health Counseling, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC), certified in EMDR, Nurtured Heart Approach and Theraplay.
- Interests & Passions: My passion would be working with clients and having the ability to help them live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life. I am very humbled by my profession and am very grateful for this career. I practice positive thinking every day and love helping clients heal from trauma. I enjoy being a mama to my 2 sweet boys (ages 3 ½ and 5), gardening, painting and sketching, as well as running, hot yoga, and weight training.
- What do you like most about your job? I love getting to meet new people, helping others heal and work as a team with other skilled clinicians. Watching people come through their pain and trauma and have a happy life filled with gratitude. I am truly inspired by my clients as well as the staff I work with- and learn from them every day.
- Together we…work as a team. I am simply the flashlight you are holding- I do not guide the flashlight- you do. I will just help guide you to find your way.
Trusted & Approved Addiction Treatment Center
The National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) is a nonprofit professional society designed to offer support to organizations across the continuum of care. Since 1978, it has extended resources, advocacy and thought leadership to its members.
The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHCO) evaluates quality of care provided by healthcare organizations. Footprints has the Gold Seal of Approval, which means we possess the highest standard of safety and quality of care.
LegitScript is a third-party certification that demonstrates Footprints complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including our ongoing commitment to transparency.
NALGAP is The Association of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Addiction Professionals and Their Allies is a membership organization founded in 1979 and dedicated to the prevention and treatment of alcoholism, substance abuse, and other addictions in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer communities.
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals, represents the professional interests of more than 100,000 addiction counselors, educators and other addiction-focused health care professionals in the United States, Canada and abroad.