When you enter residential rehab for drug abuse, you will live in a treatment environment with ‘round-the-clock support from medical and addiction professionals. You’ll learn how to be sober and maintain your sobriety by taking part in individual, group, and family therapy. Footprints to Recovery Illinois offers a full range of therapeutic activities to strengthen your recovery, and when you begin your addiction recovery with us, you will be supported and encouraged by a community of peers on the same journey as you.
Why Choose Residential Rehab?
For many people, living in an inpatient treatment environment is essential to starting their recovery on a strong footing. There are lots of reasons this treatment method works:
- You’re able to fully commit to your sobriety – When you’re in residential rehab, away from the distractions of work, household duties, or school, you can focus on one thing: You. This allows for much more effective substance abuse treatment.
- You’re safe from the triggers of daily life – Just as inpatient drug rehab removes you from your day-to-day responsibilities, it removes you from the people and environments that used to tempt you to use drugs and alcohol.
- With the help of an assigned therapist, you dig deep into what led to your addiction – You will discover more about yourself and what puts you at risk for relapse.
- You prepare for a lifetime of sobriety by getting a roadmap – When you leave residential addiction treatment, you will do so with a detailed relapse prevention plan with plenty of supports and resources to act as a safety net. Residential rehab gives you your best chance at staying sober.
When Should I Get Inpatient Treatment?
You should enter residential rehab when you complete medical detox. Transitioning directly from detox to an inpatient program helps you learn to rebuild your life around something other than alcohol and drugs, which can be the most challenging part of sobriety.
Restarting your old life and re-entering your community right after getting sobriety can be overwhelming, especially if you’ve depended on substances for a long time. You may not know how to cope with normal stress levels, let alone the intense stress that comes with going back to work, answering questions about where you’ve been, or friends who expect you to dive back into your old routine and habits. If you have a dual diagnosis, meaning a mental illness like depression or anxiety along with a substance abuse problem, this transition becomes even more difficult.
What Is Residential Rehab Like at Footprints to Recovery Near Chicago?
The variety of therapies and activities we have at Footprints to Recovery Illinois allows you to build an experience that’s uniquely yours. Our treatment team will get to know you and what works best for you. Your treatment plan will include modalities chosen by you and your therapist to give you the best learning experience possible.
A few of the types of therapies we offer are:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – You will learn how your thoughts, emotions, and actions are related. By learning to better control your thoughts and feelings with CBT, you will gain better control over your actions, resulting in changed outcomes.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT focuses on emotional regulation and mindfulness. For truly effective DBT, your therapist should be certified, and we have a DBT-certified counselor on our treatment team.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) – A proven method of addressing and overcome trauma, EMDR can reduce your symptoms of PTSD, depression, anxiety, and other conditions.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) – You will learn the roles of mindfulness and acceptance in changing your circumstances—or being content with them.
- Motivational interviewing – You will grow your motivation to change through self-confidence and empowerment.
- Biosound therapy—This is a sound- and vibration-based therapy that induces relaxation, meditation, and healing.
While you’re in residential rebab, you will be apart from your family and friends, but you will never feel alone. In our community of like-minded peers, you’ll be surrounded by support and reassurance.
You’ll experience the benefits of community through:
- Psychoeducational groups – You’ll learn specific skills in communication, healthy relationships, and more.
- Experiential therapy – This interactive form of therapy occurs through an activity, like exercising or art.
- Process groups
- Trauma groups
- 12-step groups
- Relapse-prevention-planning groups
We are dedicated to honoring what makes each member of the group unique. Special attention or even separate groups are available for:
- BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color)
- LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual or allied)
- And other diverse populations
The purpose of this is to acknowledge the unique factors that play a role in each person’s addiction and addiction recovery.
Holistic Recovery Services
Residential rehab isn’t all therapy all the time. Plenty of other activities can be planned into your days in treatment. Their purpose is to promote new and healthy coping strategies. We encourage you to try all our in-house programs while you’re with us in Illinois. Discover which integrate well into your new sober lifestyle:
- Physical fitness
- Massage therapy
- Chiropractic services
Medication is an important part of recovery for many people. Medication-assisted treatment, or MAT, helps some people get sober by decreasing cravings and/or titrating down the drugs in their system. MAT is mainly used in detox settings, but for some people (particularly those who’ve abused opioids), medications like methadone or buprenorphine can be used on an ongoing basis. At our residential rehab near Chicago, we have a preferred provider partnership specializing in MAT. That means, if clinically necessary, you’ll have access to MAT as part of your treatment.
If you have co-occurring disorder, you may need medications like antidepressants to manage your symptoms. Our on-site physician’s assistant is available to evaluate you and determine whether there is a need for medication. If you enter treatment with a prescription or begin taking medication while you’re with us, we offer medication management throughout your stay in residential rehab.
While in treatment at Footprints to Recovery near Chicago, you’ll receive comprehensive case management. A designated case manager will help you manage appointments outside of the treatment center. These might include:
- Physical therapy
- Legal appointments
- Doctor appointments
- Dental appointments
Your case manager will also help you set up essential aftercare services. These will support your sobriety after you leave our Illinois facility. Examples of aftercare services are:
- Outpatient therapy
- Outpatient medication management
- Social programs like housing, food, legal assistance, and employment assistance
- Local 12-step or other recovery support groups
To go from being surrounded by support in a sober environment to the “real world” can be a shock. That’s why many residential treatment facilities, including Footprints to Recovery, offer aftercare programs. These give you a “home base” you can return to each week after you leave our residential rehab near Chicago. In our aftercare program, you’ll continue seeing members of your treatment community while reviewing and practicing the skills you learned in therapy. A major component of aftercare is the chance to process the temptations and challenges you encounter in your day-to-day life outside an inpatient program.
What Happens After I Leave Residential Rehab?
People typically step down to a lower level of care after leaving inpatient substance abuse treatment. The level of care you step down to depends on things like:
- How confident you feel in sobriety
- How severe your addiction was
- How supportive your home environment is
If you’re not sure of the best fit for you, your therapist can help.
Your options for continued care through Footprints to Recovery are:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – In our PHP program, you will spend daytime hours participating in intensive group and individual therapy and return home each evening.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – When you’re in IOP, you’ll spend several hours per day, a few days a week in treatment at our recovery center. IOP involves individual and group therapy.
- Basic outpatient treatment – Footprints to Recovery offers a weekly, individual outpatient rehab counseling program to help you face triggers and challenges as they arise.
Does Health Insurance Cover Residential Treatment?
Your insurance may cover all or some of your stay at Footprints to Recovery near Chicago. Navigating addiction coverage of inpatient treatment can feel overwhelming, but it’s necessary. Our admission team will help make sure everything is in place before you’re admitted to our Illinois facility. This will help you relax and get the most out of your treatment without worrying about whether or not it’s covered.
You can start by going through the process to verify insurance with us, but we’ll also take a look at your policy and advise you about how to get the most coverage and what you’ll be responsible for. If your health insurance doesn’t cover all your rehab costs, we also offer flexible private pay options. Our goal is for treatment to be affordable and accessible. That means making sure financing isn’t a barrier.
Don’t Wait Any Longer
Getting sober isn’t the end of recovery from substance abuse. It’s a lifelong journey full of hard work, temptations, support, and triumph. Give yourself the best start at a lifetime of sobriety with Footprints to Recovery. Contact us today!