David Szarka, MA, LCADC
Executive Director – New Jersey
David has been with Footprints to Recovery since 2016. As Executive Director, he is responsible for all operations at our New Jersey location, including staff, clients, and the overall environment of care. David earned a master’s degree in organizational psychology from Columbia University and a bachelor’s degree in human resource management from Rider University. He is a licensed clinical alcohol and drug counselor (LCADC). David began at Footprints as a primary counselor before transitioning into the executive director role. Prior to joining Footprints, he worked as a primary counselor for New Hope Foundation.
David transitioned from a long career in finance to behavioral health work in 2014. He was drawn to the field after being personally affected by addiction. David says watching clients grow and seeing that “light” back in their eyes is what he finds most fulfilling about his work. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and dogs, seeing live music, and reading.
- Hometown: Hamilton, NJ
- Certifications & Degrees: BS Human Resource Management, MA Organizational Psychology
- Interests & Passions: Music and spending time with my family, including my two dogs
- What do you like most about your job? I love working, learning, and interacting with everyone. We do important work at Footprints to Recovery and I love making a difference in people’s lives.
- Together we… can accomplish anything
- Michael Milch, JD
- Janice Vaysberg, MBA
- William Wilder, BSW, CADC
- Nicole Piechowski, CPRS
- James Miller
- Joe Ilcus, MBA, MSHA
- Nick Kratzer
- David Szarka MA, LCADC
- Lindsay Hutchison, MS, LPC, LCADC
- Natalie Pflueger, MS, LCPC, CADC, NCC
- Justin Wolfe, MA, CADC, CRC, PCGC
- Samantha Machniak-Cedano, LCPC, CADC
- Jenna Richer, MSW, LCSW
- Laurie Woodard, MA, LAC, LPC